Hi, welcome! Are you ready to have fun together?
I want this to be your dream session, whether that be your wedding, senior portraits, massive family reunion, or showcasing the awesomeness of your brand. I want your photo session to bring you joy, and it's my job to bring that joy out on display for all the world to see. It's gonna be fun, so don't expect an awkward hour of your life where you just stand there smiling in front of a machine. This will be an adventure, a friendly conversation, and a ton of laughing and chasing the sun together. If this sounds like something you're into, let's chat.
"whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of god."
-1 corinthians 10:31
I'm Bree Hulan, a born and raised San Diegan photographing out of my home city. Although I love home, traveling and photographing others while on an adventure is my jam. I have a passion for following Christ, eating fettuccine alfredo, and using my art to love people. I eat, breathe, and sleep photography. It all started when I got this subway-shaped point & shoot in elementary school. Needless to say, the hobby (ahem... obsession) stuck! I've been shooting professionally for about 5 years now and loving every minute of it.
Some fun facts:
- You can count on me wearing flip flops to most sessions
- I'm obsessed with other cultures and places. I've eaten at cafés in the south of France, stargazed in Africa, dog sled in Alaska, and danced in pubs in Dublin.
- Trying this new thing called "cleaning"...
- I love talking about all things Earth + ethical/sustainable fashion, so hit me up if you do too!
- I'm not much into sports, besides surfing. #sorrynotsorry
- I seriously have the worst diet. Carbs = bae. Best form of carb: bagels.
- One of my favorite things about photography is getting to meet new people. More often than not, I end up with a new friend because of it!
- I love all kinds of flowers, especially wildflowers.
- When I'm sad, photography picks me back up again and lets my creativity flow. Give me a pint of caramel, coffee, and chocolate ice cream and let me edit photos, and I'm happy as can be!
- I love camping, surfing, riding my skateboard, hiking, yoga, and country line dancing!
The Story of p33
Since I first got my hands on a camera, I've absolutely loved creating memories for people and getting out of my comfort zone. Parallel33 Photography was born in San Diego, where the 33rd parallel crosses. The 33rd parallel also crosses in Israel, the Christian holy land. The number 3 and 33 hold Biblical significance (Jesus dying at age 33, the Trinity, 33 as connected to God's promises, numeric equivalent of "amen," you get the idea). I aspire to bring honor and glory to God through my art, thus the name became what it is today.
What makes me different:
I believe in a reasonable price for real people. My top priority is quality AND quantity. I strive to make sure clients receive every photograph at its highest resolution. This way, you will never have to settle for a few images, but you'll get to choose from all the ones we create. In addition, you'll never have to wait for your photos. My turnaround time is extremely fast. For portrait sessions, you're guaranteed your images within 2 weeks. For weddings, 3 weeks max. My purpose is to stay true to the world and people I photograph, which means I like to editing things natural and simple :).
Let's create something worthwhile together!
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8
Nifty fifty Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III
Panasonic LUMIX DMC‑FZ2500