\'parə,lel\ \thər-tē-'thrē\ \fə'tägrəfē\
"whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of god." -1 corinthians 10:31
Hi, welcome to my site! My name is Bree Hulan, a born and raised San Diegan photographing out of my home city. I have a passion for following Christ, traveling, and using my art to love people. I'm obsessed with other cultures and places. I've eaten at cafés in the south of France, stargazed in Africa, dog sled in Alaska, and danced in pubs in Dublin.
Some quick facts about me:
- My mom is my best friend
- Next bucket list country: Iceland😍
- I go to the most surfer-y school imaginable. Just Google Point Loma Nazarene University and you'll see what I mean.
- I'm dating the most wonderful man in the whole world ❤️
- Goal for 2018: shooting, shooting, shooting. I'm trying to deepen my realm in the fashion and wedding industry.
- Longterm goal: sell loads of presets, get my own studio, and be a photographer version of Edna Mode from The Incredibles.
- Trying this new thing called "cleaning"...
- I study Managerial and Organizational Communication and Sustainability Studies. Wow, that's a mouth-full. I love talking about all things Earth, so hit me up if you do too!
- As a child, I was so shy that when an adult looked at me the wrong way, I would burst into tears. Still a crier, but glad I got over that phase😅
- I hate sports, besides surfing. #sorrynotsorry
- I seriously have the worst diet. Carbs = bae.
- I love all kinds of flowers, especially wildflowers.
The Story of P33
I got into photography when my high school yearbook teacher handed me a camera and told me take pictures of a soccer game. Needless to say, the hobby stuck! I absolutely love creating memories for people and getting out of my comfort zone. So, I created Parallel33 Photography. P33 was born in San Diego, where the 33rd parallel crosses. The 33rd parallel also crosses in Israel, the Christian holy land. The number 3 and 33 hold Biblical significance (Jesus dying at age 33, the Trinity, 33 as connected to God's promises, numeric equivalent of "amen," the list goes on). I aspire to bring honor and glory to God through my art, thus the name became what it is today.
What makes me different: There are too many overpriced photographers out there who flaunt their over-edited, yet limited captures. I believe in a reasonable price for real people. My top priority is quality AND quantity. Unlike others, I strive to make sure clients receive every photograph at its highest resolution. This way, you will never have to settle for a few images, but you'll get to choose from all the ones we create. My purpose is to stay true to the world and people I photograph, which means no major alterations or distorted photographs. I like to keep things pure and simple :).
Let's create something worthwhile together!
Here are some pictures of my life, featuring baby Bree being weird (nothing's changed), the sunset from my campus (yes, that's the ocean 300 feet away), my study abroad trip to France, and my amazing boyfriend, Gavin.
I have a passion for three ministries that are closely tied to my heart. If you desire to make a lasting mark on this world and help people in need, I would be very grateful if you would consider making a donation or volunteering with the three organizations listed below. Ask me about their financial information and why I believe in each of them so strongly.